Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Director Venture Investments
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director Venture Investments, are to:
- Develop rationale and business case for investing in selected technologies;
- Develop network and follows scientific and technological developments in selected areas (e.g. artificial intelligence, digital health/agriculture, gene editing for plants/human health, oncology, regenerative medicine, etc.);
- Develop investment cases;
- Conduct due diligence and supports deal execution;
- Support start-up of ventures, day-to-day management, performance management and strategic decisions of the ventures;
- Support the setup of the new organization;
- Support the venture in daily operations where applicable;
- Ensure the delivery of key Bayer contributions to the venture development as applicable (e.g., market insights, production knowhow, chemistry, disease area knowledge);
- Monitor and report progress of ventures;
- Prepare and facilitate venture milestones, review and make recommendations on go/no-go decision points.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Advanced degree in life science and/or agriculture covering relevant topics for Venture-specific technology;
- M.B.A and/or Investment Banking and/or Management Consulting (all top tier);
- At least two years in Venture Capital;
- Track record of successfully leading long term projects;
- Experience in evaluation of early technologies;
- Sound understanding of investment space;
- Strong leadership skills, entrepreneurship and ambition;
- Ability to interface startup-like realities of the Ventures to the realities of a big corporation (reports, deadlines, etc.);
- Excellent problem solving ability;
- Proven ability to lead and thrive in complex, often ambiguous situations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
If interested, please apply here.