Aon is looking for a Director, Aon New Ventures Group
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk. As a Director, you will report directly to the Managing Director NVG
Your impact as a Director, NVG
Aon is seeking a Director candidate to join our New Ventures Group (“NVG”), in a role focused on delivering strategic advisory and risk management solutions to clients across the firm’s transaction and intellectual property (“IP”) practices. Aon’s NVG team comprises senior leaders focused on the rapid incubation and delivery of new high-impact sources of value for clients. The Director candidate will work directly with NVG leaders who have backgrounds in investment banking, corporate development, private equity and management consulting. The candidate will focus on two core NVG initiatives: (i) advance innovation in our IP, transaction and strategic solutions and (ii) enhance our go-to-market strategy and implement origination best practices targeting the C-suite and key centers of influence.
- Deal Execution – optimize client service and manage transaction execution across advisory and risk transfer solutions in close collaboration with team members
- Business Planning – conduct market research, identify high-impact client opportunities, develop go-to-market strategy and track business pipeline
- Client Intelligence – track prospective clients, develop thesis on Aon’s value proposition across IP, transaction and other solutions
- Marketing – Develop and manage marketing materials and client presentations, in collaboration with deal teams and Aon’s marketing team
- Mentoring – Train and manage junior colleagues in support of the above initiatives and the broader NVG team
- Partnership – Build “Aon United” relationships with partners across the firm, including (i) solution teams including Transaction Liability, Litigation, IP, Cyber, Tax, Credit, other; (ii) client coverage teams; and (iii) geographies, primarily the U.S. and Europe
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, management consulting or similar function
- Ability to perform at a high level in a client service role
- Proficiency in accounting and financial analysis
- Experience in M&A and/or capital markets transactions
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience in developing high quality PowerPoint presentations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA a plus but not required
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
About Aon:Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
IF interested, please apply here.