Impossible Foods (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) was founded 5 years ago to solve this problem by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world is currently available at various restaurants across the United States.
Impossible Foods is leading the way to a sustainable global food system. We are developing transformative new technologies to produce great plant-based foods that outperform existing meat and dairy products in taste and nutrition, at a lower cost and with a much lower impact on the global environment. Impossible Foods was conceived and founded by a prominent Stanford professor and is backed by top-tier VCs and visionaries with track records of creating new global industries.
- Support Impossible’s growth by developing strategic business plans and roadmaps for inorganic (acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.) and partnership development.
- Analyze competitive, market, supply trends.
- Work with strategy, commercial, supply chain, engineering, and research teams to prioritize opportunities and develop target areas.
- Lead commercial business development deals including channel, research, and supply chain partnerships.
- Identify new opportunities by monitoring internal and external developments; develop strategies that support and accelerate Impossible Foods’ growth through strategic partnerships and acquisitions.
- Manage and grow existing commercial partnerships and relationships.
- BA/BS degree; graduate or MBA degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience leading corporate and business development.
- Food distribution and channel experience, biotech, and/or food supply chain experience.
- Mission-driven with genuine interest and passion for Impossible Foods’ mission.
- Great people and communication skills with capability to build and maintain strong relationships while representing Impossible Foods externally.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience across many sectors and deal types.
- Ability to develop creative deal structures to help Impossible reach its mission.
- Ability to create compelling, persuasive presentations and other materials to communicate key findings and recommendations to the executive team and partners.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally internally and externally, across teams grounded in science, engineering, business and food.
- Driven by working in fast-paced, dynamic, highly cross-functional environment.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a tireless work ethic.
- Commitment to high integrity in all interactions internal and external.
- Ability to travel domestic and international to develop opportunities and relationships.
If interested, please apply here.