Mediaocean, LLC is the leading provider of advertising software and powers over $100 billion of global media buying. The Company’s solutions automate every aspect of the advertising workflow, from planning and buying to analyzing and optimizing, to invoicing and payments. Mediaocean’s open cross-media platforms have unmatched reach and bridge traditional and digital media, serving more than 80,000 users across advertisers, agencies, broadcasters, and publishers worldwide.
Mediaocean is owned by Vista Equity Partners, a leading private equity firm with over $32B in cumulative capital commitments. Vista is a value-added investor focused on dynamic, successful, technology-based organizations led by world-class management teams with long-term perspective (www.vistaequitypartners.com).
Role / Responsibilities:
Mediaocean is looking for a highly motivated Vice President of Corporate Development reporting to the CEO. The VP will be responsible for all aspects of strategic acquisitions and industry partnerships that continue to expand our solution footprint. Responsibilities will include all aspects of corporate M&A, including but not limited to strategy development, target identification, deal sourcing, deal execution, and acquisition integration preparation. Additionally, the VP will be responsible for identification of potential strategic business partners and continued cultivation of existing partner relationships. This position will sit in the New York City office of Mediaocean.
- Collaborating with executive management to develop segment and/or market strategies and define the role of investments and acquisitions [and strategic partnerships];
- Sourcing and analyzing acquisition / partnership opportunities which align to the company’s strategies;
- Extensive financial modeling of structures and returns, business plans and commercial arrangements;
- Preparing and presenting opportunities for review by executive management and corporate review boards;
- Structuring and negotiating acquisitions, sometimes in collaboration with the Vista investment team;
- Leading due diligence;
- Preparing the organization to execute acquisition integration activities
Skills & Requirements
- BS/BA in Business, Engineering or related degree;
- MBA from a top tier program preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the technology industry required (software preferred);
- 10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity and/or corporate development preferred;
- Media and/or Adtech experience strongly preferred
- Substantial track record of M&A closing experience and business partnership experience;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with senior executives;
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions;
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to travel as needed (estimated <15% of time);
- Relocation preferred.
If interested, please apply here.