At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.
The Role: S&P Global is seeking an energetic, business-minded and self-motivated VP, Head of Corporate Development with 10+ years of experience managing acquisitions, divestitures, equity investments and joint venture transactions.As a member of the Finance Leadership Team, this role will head the Corporate Development Function and partner with S&P Global’s Operating Committee to develop and execute the corporate development strategy to drive long-term strategic growth. This position supports a business of over $5 billion in revenue and over 20,000 employees located around the world.
This position reports directly to the EVP, Chief Financial Officer and is based in the company’s corporate headquarters at 55 Water Street, New York, NY.
- Track and report key performance indicators from the SNL integration to the Board of Directors and shareholders
- Evaluate assumed benefits from acquisitions post close and communicate key learnings and progress to the Board of Directors and senior management
- Refresh the M&A pipeline across businesses, closely monitor the evolving competitive environment, and execute deals as appropriate.
- Establish a governance structure for fin tech investments as we accelerate investment in new technologies and establish new relationships.
What’s In It For You
- Interaction with the most senior levels of the organization, including the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
- An organization with a strong growth trajectory
- Opportunity with global scope and impact.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
- Lead all transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments and commercial agreements across all divisions of the company, globally.
- In partnership with the S&P Global M&A Legal Counsel, lead the negotiation, execution and integration of all deals across the enterprise.
- Work closely with corporate and division finance teams to assess viability of transaction business plans, assess the quality of synergy assumptions, conduct scenario analyses, and analyze the impact on key P&L metrics.
- Originate transaction and partnership opportunities via proactive development of relationships with industry participants including investment banks, private equity/venture capital firms, consultants, competitors and others.
- Drive alignment and consensus among senior level managers on cross-divisional and cross-functional project teams.
- Oversee the Fintech / Innovation investments across S&P Global to drive participation in potentially disruptive technologies
- Evolve M&A and integration capability for S&P Global, including establishing corporate-wide best practices for M&A acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships, integration tracking and pre and post deal evaluation
What We’re Looking For
- Relevant industry relationships
- Highly analytical and have exceptional business issue identification, due diligence and problem-solving skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills and P&L experience.
- Able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Finance team and with internal clients.
- Strategic thinking and ability to determine how value is created and the best platform(s) for investment.
- Skilled in negotiating with both internal and external groups.Comfort operating in ambiguous environments.
- Credible with C-level executives to line management and individual contributors.
- Ability to develop sound arguments in the face of limited/conflicting information and viewpoints.
- Ability to manage multiple complex and competing priorities with strong organizational skills
- Exemplary verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- MBA degree strongly preferred, equivalent work experience considered.
- 10+ years of experience in a Corporate Development or business leadership/GM role with deep M&A experience
- Previous experience required leading company-wide initiatives.
- Experienced in leading and developing others.
If interested, please apply here.