Vanterra is actively raising a consumer and health & wellness fund, which the vice president will play an integral role in (see responsibilities below).
The ideal candidate should have an undergraduate degree from a top tier university, be analytically inclined, and possess 3-6 years of relevant experience either in i) an operational role within a B2C business, ii) an investment role within a private equity firm, or iii) experience within a consulting firm. This candidate will be responsible for spearheading due diligence on transactions and should therefore have a significant understanding of KPIs, financial statements, and operational best practices. Additional transaction experience is a plus. This position requires a pro-active mindset, excellent research and presentation skills, perseverance and creativity in accessing information, the ability to balance multiple tasks, and the ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment. Specific experience in the consumer and/or the consumer tech space is preferred.
Vanterra is a global private equity and advisory firm founded in 2008. Vanterra manages assets for a diverse base of ultra-high net worth investors and leading institutions and is SEC registered. The Firm establishes specialized investment platforms in partnership with managers or operators that have a unique competitive advantage within specific industries or strategies.
– Leading due diligence and executing investments, primarily in the consumer and health & wellness space, with additional transactions across various other industries
– Financial modeling including analysis of financial statements, KPIs, valuations, and returns
– Create investment presentations and transactions memos regarding new investment opportunities
– Monitoring and evaluating ongoing performance of portfolio company investments
– Actively assisting portfolio companies through value-add operational initiatives
– Creating research-based industry reports to identify attractive areas of investment opportunity and competitive analyses
– Taking lead role on industry and competitive market research
– Ultimately grow into a position to source attractive investment opportunities for the firm
Ideal Candidate Qualities
– 3-6 years of operational experience or experience within private equity or consulting
– Specific experience within the consumer vertical preferred
– Ability to lead due diligence efforts in a comprehensive, proactive, and thoughtful way
– Strong presentation skills and ability to work well within powerpoint
– Strong financial and excel modeling experience
– Strong research skills and ability to create industry and competitive analyses as well as conduct thorough research on target companies
– Self-motivated with a desire to work in a flat organizational environment
– Flexible and adaptable personal style with innate curiosity
– Good communication skills
– Can process information with speed, accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail
– Desire to help build a leading franchise
If interested, please apply here.