Citi Ventures (CV) is Citi’s corporate innovation arm. Through Venture Investing, CV aims to deliver breakthrough impact by bringing together leading startups and Citi’s businesses to scale innovation and open new pathways to growth.
The Venture Investing team focuses on identifying and investing in entrepreneurs who will help define the future of financial services. The team brings together Citi’s business needs with portfolio companies’ technologies, services and business models to accelerate Citi’s ability to evolve in a dynamic marketplace and help portfolio companies scale. For this reason, the venture investing team focuses on next generation fintech, commerce and payments, big data and analytics, cybersecurity, and enterprise software domains.
The Venture Investing team is seeking a highly motivated individual to help build intelligence within the areas big data and analytics, cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and fintech. The individual will build connectivity in the relevant ecosystems, identify and source leading startups, perform due diligence on investment opportunities and assist in portfolio company management and reporting. He/she will play a critical role in developing and advancing thought leadership and domain strategy to support Citi’s businesses by fostering new idea generation, synthesizing the market landscape, and translating new innovative ideas into successful commercial outcomes.
Position Scope & Responsibilities:
- Make investments in relevant companies
- Build a network and pipeline of leading startups that fit within the Citi Ventures focus areas
- Meet regularly with VC’s and innovation partners to maintain a pulse on market developments
- Develop POV’s on emerging trends
- Work with the MDs to design the due diligence plan, lead the due diligence process, write investment memos, and guide opportunities end-to-end through the Citi Ventures investment process
- Assist MDs with portfolio company management, monitoring and reporting
- Interface/interact with colleagues in business units to understand strategic roadmaps
- Work with existing portfolio companies to ensure their roadmaps are aligned to address Citi’s challenges and to help them succeed in the market
- Contribute to external communications to show Citi thought leadership and represent Citi Ventures at external events
- Lead discussions at domain meetings/Town Halls and other internal events to effectively represent Citi Ventures’ view of the market
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier program, preferably in an analytical discipline
- A total of 5+ years’ work experience beyond undergrad
- Preference for candidates with at least 2-4 years’ experience with a venture capital firm or in a corporate venture setting
- Experience in Investment Banking or Strategy Consulting or Product Management is a plus
- Ability to navigate a large financial services company, and engage senior leadership
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- This is a VP level position that can grow into a Partner Level opportunity
To apply, please send an email with your resume to Travis Skelly at Travis.Skelly@citi.com.