Primary is looking for a rockstar up and comer in the New York tech scene to join our investment team! We’re on the hunt for a Principal to work primarily with GP Brad Svrluga on all of our B2B investment activity. The ideal candidate is resourceful, data-driven, well-networked and ready to hustle. This is someone who has 5–8 yrs real world experience, biased towards the high end of that.
The perfect candidate has the following characteristics:
- Some startup operating experience — knows the landscape, can empathize and build credibility with founders
- Knowledge of SaaS and enterprise tech landscapes, and an ability to quickly articulate a point of view around emerging themes
- Strong core analytic toolset of the sort you would acquire if your first gig out of college was at a place like McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, or Insight
- Hustle is your middle name. Need to get an answer or get something done? You will make that cold call. You will ask for that favor. You will bust down that door. You do what it takes!
- MBA a nice to have, but not at all essential….interested in it more because it means you bring a broader network than because of what you learned there
- Proven networking capabilities and, ideally, a ready-to-roll network in the NYC Tech community, and maybe even broader to SF and/or Boston
Interested candidates should send a CV, LinkedIn profile, and an email describing the special sauce the candidate brings to the table to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comp and title will depend on the specific individual and their experience, but will certainly be market competitive, and include carry in the fund.
This is moving fast, with a number of interesting candidates already in the pipeline, so serious candidates should reach out ASAP. We look forward to meeting you!
If interested, please apply here.