Sesame Workshop is seeking a Manager, Strategy and Ventures. The Strategy department is responsible for providing strategic advice and consulting services to the Company’s internal business units. The team’s work encompasses industry/market and competitive analysis, financial modeling, articulating and assessing strategic options, and business plan development.
The Manager, Strategy and Ventures is a hands-on position on the Strategy team. The Manager will work closely with the team’s two Vice Presidents to support multiple divisions in the organization including Media & Education and Social Impact & Philanthropy. Their day-to-day work will include conducting market and competitive research, developing financial models, conducting an internal analysis, synthesizing findings in slide decks, and presenting work to internal clients.
Additionally, the Strategy and Ventures department oversees Sesame Ventures, a $15M fund with a double bottom-line investment approach. While the group is not actively soliciting or directly investing in companies, we partner with venture capital funds that find and invest in start-ups that are aligned with Sesame’s mission. The Manager will support our Sesame Ventures relationships, for example by conducting relevant market and company analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, banking, private equity and/or in a similar function within a media organization
- Proven ability to identify information sources, gather and interpret data, execute analysis, and present findings to team members and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with conducting financial analysis and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and communicate ideas in PowerPoint decks
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at all levels in the organization
If interested, please apply here.