The NFL Strategic Investments group is seeking a Director who will support key business strategy and principal investment initiatives, including the NFL’s Strategic Investment Fund. The Director will identify and drive investment opportunities that meet the NFL’s that strategic criteria and are attractive financially. As part of these responsibilities, the Director will support deal sourcing, due diligence, execution, and post-investment activities. This is an exciting chance to be in a leadership role at the NFL and work daily with key league and club personnel. This role requires strong leadership qualities, an understanding of the sports and media landscape, and a foundation in investment sourcing and execution capabilities.
- Identify, develop and execute business strategies for key business areas
- Assist in developing new initiatives by assessing new markets and analyzing business opportunities
- Conduct financial analyses and develop proposals for new business and investment opportunities
- Take a meaningful role in all aspects of deal development and prospecting, sourcing, negotiating and closing, including proactively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements
- Partnership & client management
- Create and participate in strategic presentations to senior executives inside and outside the organization
- Effectively manage others to meet deadlines and deliverable
- Proven ability to think strategically and analytically
- Have experience and strong understanding of media, consumer internet, mobile, sports, and technology landscape and related trends
- Effective presentation creation abilities
- Strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling
- Transactional experience, including (i) sell-side and buy-side M&A, debt and equity financing, and strategic advisory; (ii) negotiating commercial deals; and/or (iii) conducting valuation, return on capital, and LBO analysis
- Strong ang growing professional network / relationships to support deal sourcing
- Strong command of contracts and experience working with legal professionals
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- A team player who is capable of interacting and working cross-functionally in a multi-function organization
- 5-10 years of experience in business development at a leading media company, consulting firm, or investment banking firm (preferably in TMT groups) and private equity / venture capital experience with tech / media exposure
- Bachelor’s degree, with an MBA helpful
The Director will be a bright, highly motivated, and confident business professional. It is essential that this person be a team player with a competitive but collaborative style. He/she will be proactive, with an ability to work independently and anticipate business needs.
The Director will be able to work effectively in developing strategic plans that incorporate thoughtful consideration and understanding of tactical execution. The ability to make decisions that are strategically well conceived will further characterize the successful candidate.
The Director will possess diplomacy skills and the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment. In addition to strong interpersonal abilities, excellent verbal, written, and oral presentation skills are essential.
The Director will have experience collaboratively working on multiple projects, as well as managing and providing development opportunities for a team.
- Strong sense of prioritization and time management
- Able to establish credibility quickly in order to effectively interface at all levels in a complex organization
- A strong personal style that will enable him/her to persuade and motivate others to accomplish corporate goals
- A solid work ethic; positive attitude and potential for continued career growth
- High integrity
- Comfortable in both large, matrixed organizations, and in lean, “start-up like” environments
If interested, please apply here.