The Carlyle Group’s Global Credit platform (“Carlyle”) currently has ~$49B in AUM allocated across diverse strategies including structured credit, CLOs, direct lending, credit opportunities, mezzanine and distressed investments. Within Global Credit, the Portfolio Management Group (PMG) serves as a resource for all Carlyle Global Credit funds as it pertains to portfolio management and work-out activities. PMG also participates in all credit team’s regular portfolio reviews has responsibility for providing regular consolidated reporting to senior management.
The PMG team is seeking to hire an Associate (or Senior Associate) who will focus on the workout credits for the firm’s US credit portfolio. The professional will determine strategies/solutions for incumbent dislocated and/or distressed credit situations. The Associate will have primary responsibility for industry analysis and financial modeling in conjunction with all proposed transactions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with Carlyle industry analysts to understand industry dynamics, outlook and Carlyle’s history of the credit
- Perform analysis on company’s capital structure
- Develop independent view of a company’s outlook and develop a detailed financial model projecting performance for a 3 year period
- Participate in ad hoc restructuring groups Carlyle is part of and support with summary documentation
- Work with different credit groups to gather, analyze and monitor data to help determine when a company will be moving to workout
- Attend portfolio review meetings of different credit groups
- Documentation of workouts
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience, ideally with prior exposure to Credit
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must possess a “holistic view” of a company in creating restructuring/workout solutions.
- A team-oriented approach who can work with all areas of Carlyle as some of the credits may include the firm’s own portfolio companies
- Must be a generalist across all sectors and have a view on the broader economy and various industries as they relate to Carlyle’s own credit portfolio
- Self-motivated, possess finely tuned communication and presentation skills along with a strong academic record.
If interested, please apply here.