Reciprocal Ventures is a New York City-based early-stage venture capital firm specializing in FinTech. We’re a small team of former operators and investors obsessed with driving innovation in financial services. We back visionary entrepreneurs and uniquely qualified teams innovating at the intersection of financial services and technology. We are active investors and business advisors who take pride in brainstorming new approaches, advancing strategy and helping to assemble winning teams.
Reciprocal Ventures is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our investment team as an associate to help source, due diligence, and invest in distinctive FinTech startups. You will work closely with the Firm’s partners as an integral part of the investment team and a meaningful contributor to the growth and success of the firm. The role is based in New York City.
Position Scope & Responsibilities:
- Assist with primary research on industry trends to uncover novel insights that will refine the Firm’s investment thesis.
- Develop and maintain a relevant network for sourcing, due diligence, and supporting early stage FinTech startups. This includes representing the Firm at industry events/conferences, supporting the local entrepreneurial community, and meeting regularly with FinTech ecosystem participants.
- Source, screen and track startups proactively, via research-based targeted outreach, and reactively through network-based referrals.
- Assist in the evaluation and due diligence of potential new investments, including market research and analysis, financial modeling and valuation, and reference calls to customers and business partners.
- Prepare due diligence summaries, investment memos, research reports, blog posts, and investor updates.
- Assist in supporting portfolio companies on a range of topics spanning strategy and operations, business and corporate development, fundraising, and human capital.
- Assist with internal fund operations, financial planning, and investor relations.
- 1-3 years of work experience within the financial services/FinTech industry in either consulting, corporate development/ventures, venture capital, private equity, or FIG/FinTech-focused investment banking.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an analytical discipline.
- A passion for startups and feverish interest in emerging tech shaping the FinTech space.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments.
- Drive and ability to collaborate in teams and work independently.
- Strong written and analytical abilities, including high attention to detail and advanced financial modeling skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- [Extra credit] Active network in the broader tech, FinTech/financial services ecosystem.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with a passion for FinTech, startups, and venture investing to work alongside a group of experienced, accomplished and good people. If this sounds like you, please share your resume and a quick note about why you’re interested to firstname.lastname@example.org.