Guardian Strategic Ventures (GSV) is the corporate venture capital arm of Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest mutual life insurance companies in the United States. Guardian Life provides life, disability and dental insurance as well as employee benefits and 401(k) plans. GSV’s purpose is to invest in innovative technologies that will further the business’ key objectives, which includes themes in automation, data and artificial intelligence.
As our Analyst within our Guardian Strategic Ventures team, you will support a variety of venture capital efforts, including identifying, investing and operationalizing early-stage technology companies with strategic relevance to Guardian’s business. This Analyst reports to the Managing Director, Strategic Ventures, and supports team efforts including but not limited to sourcing deals, due diligence efforts, portfolio management and other operational initiatives.
- Provide support to deal origination efforts, including market research, competitive analysis and financial modeling
- Support investment and commercial opportunities that enable enterprise-wide strategic growth, superior customer service and operational efficiency by evaluating rapidly evolving technology venture-backed companies
- Perform company analysis and company due diligence
- Research, identify, and source new deal flow based on investment mandate
- Actively help execute commercial opportunities with portfolio companies
- Prepares pitch books, presentations, and other materials
- Participate in reporting of current and/or prospective strategic investments
- Meet with management teams and industry experts to source new ideas
- Prepare investment memorandums and materials for review by investment committee
- Lead efforts in implementing and overseeing proof-of-concept initiatives with portfolio companies and help scale those initiatives throughout numerous business lines to maximize impact
- Serve as a resource to internal partners and provide ongoing assistance to ensure smooth transitions from proof-of-concept to production implementations
As our Analyst, Guardian Strategic Ventures , you will report to our Managing Director, Strategic Ventures, Enterprise Capital Solutions who reports to our Vice President, Business Development, Enterprise Capital Solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Accounting or a related field, with a high GPA.
- Experience managing complex projects and/or timelines.
- Passionate about innovation and technology trends and disrupting the status quo.
- Strong knowledge of venture capital, investment banking, or a related field.
- Self-starter, strong written and verbal communication skills, hardworking team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong aptitude for financial modeling and equity valuation.
- Presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate a company’s financial performance compared to overall industry and market trends.
- You will be based in our newest offices in Hudson Yards in midtown Manhattan with some work from home flexibility.
- Occasional travel is required for this role, including the annual InsureTech Connect conference.
- At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate technology and innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability, and advocate for diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
If interested, please apply here.