City Light is a Venture Capital firm that invests early in impactful companies. They partner with experienced teams building category-defining solutions in the areas of education, safety and care, and the environment – where more revenue equals better lives at scale, every time. As one of the earliest and most successful impact investing firms, City Light has a track record of identifying and scaling impact in ways that build better companies. Some key portfolio investments are 2U (Nasdaq: TWOU), ShotSpotter (Nasdaq: SSTI), Trilogy Education, Ready Responders and Ginger.
City Light Capital is seeking an energetic, passionate, and intellectually curious Analyst to join our team. This position is ideal for a recent graduate with some work building data products who is passionate about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and/or impact investing. City Light Capital is looking for a team member who can learn and adapt quickly to a fast-moving, start-up environment and would be able to take on multiple projects at the same time – including working on The Machine (our internal data engine).
The position will be based out of our office in New York City.
The Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing business plans and supporting due diligence of potential venture capital investments
- Conducting market research – build investment thesis for our core sectors
- Managing databases of deal opportunities and relevant relationships
- Research related to business development
- Ensure the collection, management, and analysis of quality data from external sources
- Build tools to report on collected data, optimize workflows, and programmatically deal source
- Ad hoc data projects to make the best use of our data resources & The Machine
- Creating and updating fund marketing materials and public profiles
- Assisting in the creation of quarterly financial and annual impact reports for investors
- Organizing meetings and annual investor conferences
- Has a strong academic record and excellent critical thinking, analytical, research, and communication skills
- Startup, consulting, banking or venture capital experience – ability to build and deconstruct financial models is important
- Proficiency in R/ Python with some experience building data products is required
- “Self-starter” mentality and a strong attention to detail
- Previous healthcare experience is a big plus!
Ideal Personal Attributes
- Motivated, optimistic, and passionate about our mission
- Impeccable work ethic with ability to learn quickly and multi-task
- Strong ability to build relationships and trust as part of a small team
- Willingness to be flexible and nimble
- Most importantly, abundant curiosity about how to make this world a better place to live
If interested, please apply here.