Job Title: Senior Associate or Principal (depending on length of relevant experience)
Reports to: the two Co-Founders
ABOUT PRIMETIME PARTNERS:
Primetime Partners is an early stage venture capital firm focused on building new products, services and experiences for Older Adults, the fastest growing segment of our global population. We support entrepreneurs who create new products, services, technologies and experiences serving the age 60+ consumer group.
Primetime’s Managing Partner Abby Miller Levy, a health and wellness executive, operator and former founder, is joined by esteemed venture investor Alan Patricof, the founder of Greycroft Partners and APAX Partners. In addition, Primetime enjoys the advice and network of a highly engaged group of industry Advisors. Primetime plans to build the most visible investment platform to serve the Older Adult, and to encourage investments where Older Adults are founders or play an active role as executives to support younger teams. The firm also intends to incubate companies in the space and to become a thought leader promoting this underserved market.
The fund, officially launching in summer 2020, has already invested in companies that include an e-commerce platform for home health supplies, a digital retirement financial planning service, a specialty care telemedicine business serving seniors in nursing homes and a social networking and enrichment group video platform for Boomers to combat social isolation.
The Fund has recently been raised with a first closing of $30 mill in a very short time and is remaining open for another 90 days to accommodate additional interest from investors, with a final cap of $50 mill.
As either a Senior Associate or Principal you will be a key part of a small team which is expected to increase over time as the fund becomes further invested and as subsequent funds are raised. You will report primarily to the Co-Founder and Managing Director as well as the other Co-Founder and Chairperson
- Help source and evaluate potential investments related to the markets for the elderly thru financial due diligence, market research and competitive analysis
- Manage and document meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio Board Meetings and handle deal flow
- Manage financial analysis and valuation and structure alternatives for decision purposes
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising documents, valuation memos, and investor updates
- Where skills allow, to write white papers and or blog on a regular basis to establish the credentials of your own and the firm in the aging space
- Attend industry events/conferences and build out a network in relevant entrepreneurial communities
- A minimum of 2–3 years of prior experience in healthcare venture capital or healthcare corporate development
- MBA strongly preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Accomplished and demonstrated writing skills
- A critical attention to details, a demonstrated curiosity, a willingness to pitch in in every aspect of the business and grow with the firm as it grows
- An ethos of hard work and initiative in previous endeavors
- Passion for the themes that Primetime Partners addresses
- Dependent on years of prior relevant experience
- A willingness to invest the time and experience in participating in a new, promising firm with high prospects for building a career while working g alongside and being mentored by two individuals with very strong reputations of prior successes
Our process starts with having candidates submit two short written answers along with resumes. We will review the submissions on a rolling basis and will reach out to qualified applicants for video conference interviews.
Here are the questions:
Question 1: Why are you interested in the Senior Associate / Principal role at Primetime Partners? [max 150 words]
Question 2: What is an early-stage company Primetime Partners should evaluate for investment (less than $10MM of capital already invested) and why do you find it interesting? [max 250 words]
Please submit your written answers to the above along with your resume to email@example.com.
Primetime Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.