The Jaguar Land Rover Tech Incubator encourages, promotes, and supports U.S.-based, early-stage software startups that are positioned to disrupt the world of connected cars and infotainment technologies. We’ll work with around 120 startups over the next decade, housing up to six companies at a time, and provide them with resources to get their ideas off the ground, succeed in an automotive environment, and keep Jaguar Land Rover customer offerings at the forefront of innovation.
The Incubator Associate role supports the Jaguar Land Rover Tech Incubator’s initiatives around infotainment, automotive technology, connected car, and mobility startups.
You’re an ingenious go-getter who will work with the Incubator team to scout and cultivate relationships with leading early-stage startups, venture capital firms, investment banks, and other strategic partners. You will also coordinate with Jaguar Land Rover’s internal stakeholders to ensure understanding and support of the organization’s objectives, needs, and long-term strategy.
In addition, you will work with the Incubator team as a whole, providing project support to coworkers, and helping to define and implement day-to-day processes and operations of the program. We’re a lively, close-knit crew, but often work fairly independently, so you must be resourceful, conscientious, and self-motivated.
What You’ll Do:
- Research key areas of automotive, connected car, and mobility industries for scouting and investment, working closely with Jaguar Land Rover business departments to ensure strategic alignment
- Maintain regular communication with internal shareholders to understand technology needs of Jaguar Land Rover teams
- Under direction of General Manager, cultivate external network of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, accelerator programs and other strategic partners, while growing internal network of Jaguar Land Rover department managers and team members
- Work with Incubator staff to develop pipeline of strong Incubator candidates through scouting potential startups and developing an in-depth understanding and analysis of their business, technology, and financial health
- Create internal reports and presentations to communicate the analysis of business, technology and investment to Incubator and Collaboration teams.
- Coordinate project plans for collaboration between Jaguar Land Rover departments and portfolio companies
- Track and document progress of Incubator alumni in order to understand and appraise portfolio companies against Jaguar Land Rover development strategies
- Participate in equity investment process including: deal sourcing, financial modeling, due diligence, documentation, negotiation, and preparation of investment committee presentations for new and follow-on investments
- Manage financial analysis of investments, including analysis and projections of returns, comparables, scenario planning, and operating plan analysis
- Execute business planning and financial modeling to identify risks of an investment decision
- Continually monitor status and current state of startups in the JLR Incubator’s investment portfolio and work with Jaguar Land Rover North America and Global PR teams to find and develop stories that will be of interest to the media
- Assist the Incubator General Manager and Product Leads with related projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance or economics; Master’s or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in investment (venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, or investment bank)
- Understanding of the technology venture capital ecosystem
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Substantial project and relationship management skills
- Experience with strategic planning and finance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions
- Ability to produce professional looking Powerpoint presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, flexibility and good judgment
- Natural curiosity to learn technologies, business models and industry trends
- Self-motivated and able to independently source and research investment targets
- Financial analytical skills (Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) and modeling skills
- Strong knowledge of mobility, connected car and automotive technology trends
- Experience leading due diligence processes of technology-focused investments
- Passion for knowledge
- Well-developed professional presence
If interested, please apply here.