OpenView Partners is an expansion stage venture capital firm helping build software companies into market leaders. The investment team is looking for a Vice Principal with a fearless attitude, a passion for tech, and the desire to understand a business, its product and the market it plays in.
As a Vice Principal at OpenView, we look to you to work with other members of the investment team to identify, connect with, and invest in the most exciting new software companies. You will be responsible for driving deals from initiation to close, while quarterbacking the diligence process on small deal teams of 2-3 individuals.
About the Role
Identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Engage with and build relationships with the founders of exciting new software companies
- Work to understand a company’s vision, product and traction to determine its alignment with OpenView’s focus
- Synthesize these learnings and strategize with the team on how to further advance our relationships with the best-fit companies
Conduct due diligence
- Lead and coordinate deal analysis, financial modeling, and due diligence
- Survey market landscapes and determine competitive differentiation and positioning of target companies
- Prepare internal investment materials for the partners
- You have a strong passion for technology and startups
- You are highly self-motivated and driven with a track record of success
- You love learning about new things
- You are a clear communicator and you enjoy building relationships with new people
- You are a self-starter and you can prioritize tasks to maximize impact
- You work collaboratively and thrive on team interaction rather than wanting to be an “army of one”
- You are interested in understanding how a business works and what makes it unique
- You have high expectations for yourself and your professional development and want to be in an environment that fosters learning and growth
- You have been in an investing role at a technology-focused venture or growth equity firm for at least 2 years with a track record of investing in interesting companies
- It is evident that you’re a self-starter based on your professional experience and interests
If interested, please apply here.