At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 9 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Strategic Capital Technology Division (“WFSC”), a business unit within Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (“Bank”), is a multi-strategy investment vehicle focused on providing equity and second lien debt capital to high growth technology companies. WFSC invests capital directly from Wells Fargo $1.9 trillion balance sheet. The investment vehicle pursues non-control investments across a wide range of subsectors, including software, internet, mobile, financial-technology, hardware, clean-technology, and real estate-technology, typically investing $3-$30 million per transaction. WFSC can either lead or follow a round of financing. Recent equity investments include Flexport, a leading freight forwarding software provider, and Industrious, a leading national provider of co-working locations.
WFSC is recruiting a Vice President position that will be based in Palo Alto. The position will require some U.S. and international travel. Candidates must have a demonstrated passion for technology-centric businesses and a demonstrable track record evaluating, closing and monitoring venture capital or private equity investments. Ideal candidates will have 6+ years of work experience, preferably with some component in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital at a leading firm.
The position will be actively involved with the WFSC team in the structuring, pricing and due diligence of principal investment transactions. The Vice President will be directly responsible for managing the financial modeling and technical due diligence matters involved in evaluating and closing an investment, which may require directly interfacing with inside and outside legal counsel. Post-transaction duties include the monitoring, compliance, and ongoing support of the portfolio companies’ operational needs, on an as needed basis. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of work experience, preferably with some component in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital at a leading firm.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: commercial banking relationship management, corporate banking relationship management, or portfolio management
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Experience originating, structuring, and executing transactions related to corporate banking or other credit related products
Other Desired Qualifications
- At least 5-8 years of work experience.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
- An advanced degree (MBA) is not a requirement for this position but would be looked on favorably.
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured entrepreneurial environment.
- An undergraduate technical degree from a top university is preferable.
- Team player who is open to training and developing Associates and Analysts.
- Significant closed deal experience evaluating private, illiquid transactions.
- Familiarity with venture capital / private equity valuation methodologies.
If interested, please apply here.