Wells Fargo Strategic Capital Technology Division (“WFSC”), a business unit within Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (“Bank”), is a multi-strategy investment vehicle focused on providing equity and second lien debt capital to high growth technology companies. WFSC invests capital directly from Wells Fargo $1.9 trillion balance sheet. The investment vehicle pursues non-control investments across a wide range of subsectors, including software, internet, mobile, financial-technology, hardware, clean-technology, and real estate-technology, typically investing $3-$30 million per transaction. WFSC can either lead or follow a round of financing. Recent equity investments include Flexport, a leading freight forwarding software provider, and Industrious, a leading national provider of co-working locations.
WFSC is recruiting a Vice President position that will be based in Palo Alto. The position will require some U.S. and international travel. Candidates must have a demonstrated passion for technology-centric businesses and a demonstrable track record evaluating, closing and monitoring venture capital or private equity investments. Ideal candidates will have 6+ years of work experience, preferably with some component in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital at a leading firm.
The position will be actively involved with the WFSC team in the structuring, pricing and due diligence of principal investment transactions. The Vice President will be directly responsible for managing the financial modeling and technical due diligence matters involved in evaluating and closing an investment, which may require directly interfacing with inside and outside legal counsel. Post-transaction duties include the monitoring, compliance, and ongoing support of the portfolio companies’ operational needs, on an as needed basis. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of work experience, preferably with some component in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital at a leading firm.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: commercial banking relationship management, corporate banking relationship management, or portfolio management
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Experience originating, structuring, and executing transactions related to corporate banking or other credit related products
Other Desired Qualifications
- At least 5-8 years of work experience.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
- An advanced degree (MBA) is not a requirement for this position but would be looked on favorably.
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured entrepreneurial environment.
- An undergraduate technical degree from a top university is preferable.
- Team player who is open to training and developing Associates and Analysts.
- Significant closed deal experience evaluating private, illiquid transactions.
- Familiarity with venture capital / private equity valuation methodologies.
If interested, please apply here.