The ideal candidate should have an undergraduate degree from a top tier university, be analytically inclined, and possess 4-7 years of relevant experience either in i) an investment role within a growth equity or VC firm, ii) an operational role within an early stage B2C business, or iii) experience within a i.banking/consulting firm. Specific experience in the consumer and/or the consumer tech space is required.
This candidate will be responsible for spearheading due diligence on transactions and should therefore have a significant understanding of KPIs, financial statements, and operational best practices. Meaningful transaction experience is a plus. This position requires a pro-active mindset, innate curiosity regarding consumer products and the consumer space, excellent research and presentation skills, perseverance and creativity in accessing information, the ability to balance multiple tasks, and the ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment.
Vanterra is a global private equity and advisory firm founded in 2008. Vanterra manages assets for a diverse base of ultra-high net worth investors and leading institutions and is SEC registered. The Firm establishes specialized investment platforms in partnership with operators that have a unique competitive advantage within specific industries or strategies. The VP will mainly be focused on a Consumer-focused venture fund that Vanterra launched in late 2018.
The Consumer-focused venture and growth equity fund was established to capitalize on the unprecedented market disruption taking place in the category. The Fund has a flexible investment mandate that invests $500k to +$10mm checks in “series seed to series c” companies, initially writing smaller checks and scaling more capital into the best performers over time.
Focus sectors include consumable goods, specialty consumer, and online retail, all of which are currently undergoing transformative industry shifts toward higher customer engagement, greater supply chain transparency, stronger brand narrative, healthier consumer lifestyle, and a more robust digital presence.
The candidate may also be involved in other Vanterra platforms and opportunistic co-investments outside of the Consumer Fund, based on their desire to participate.
- Leading due diligence and executing investments, primarily in the consumer and health & wellness space
- Financial modeling including analysis of financial statements, KPIs, valuations, and returns
- Create investment presentations and transactions memos regarding new investment opportunities
- Monitoring and evaluating ongoing performance of portfolio company investments
- Actively assisting portfolio companies through value-add operational initiatives
- Creating research reports to identify attractive areas of investment opportunity and competitive analyses
- Ultimately grow into a position to source attractive investment opportunities for the firm
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- 4-7 years of experience within growth equity/VC, early-stage operations, i.banking or consulting
- Specific experience within the consumer vertical is required
- Ability to lead due diligence efforts in a comprehensive, proactive, and thoughtful way
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work well within powerpoint
- Strong financial and excel modeling experience
- Strong research skills and ability to create industry and competitive analyses as well as conduct thorough research on target companies
- Self-motivated with a desire to work in a flat organizational environment
- Flexible and adaptable personal style with innate curiosity
- Good communication skills
- Can process information with speed, accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail
- Desire to help build a leading franchise
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to:
Steven Himmel – firstname.lastname@example.org