Stand Together unleashes the power of community to solve our country’s toughest problems and help people improve their lives. We identify, support, and celebrate community-based organizations applying effective solutions to the driving causes of poverty. Through targeted programming, training, and organizational development we provide the resources and tools necessary for these catalysts for social change to grow, scale, and replicate their impact across the country.
We are seeking a rigorous and experienced professional for the role of Vice President of Social Investments. The Vice President will manage a team of social investment officers that serve as portfolio managers for our different areas of social investment: Youth and Education; Workforce Development; Addiction and Mental Health; In-Prison, Re-entry and Second Chances; Financial Empowerment and Entrepreneurship; and Homelessness and Housing.
The Vice President, Social Investments will be responsible for helping the organization to maximize our social impact across our portfolios of high-impact non-profit organizations. The primary responsibilities are vision, strategy, and management for a team that is responsible for issue-area points of view, grant-making recommendations, deal-structuring with non-profits, accountability for grantees, and “investor” relations with portfolio donors.
The ideal candidate will be capable of driving innovation and disruption in the entire social sector. They must possess a belief in the ability for all individuals to tap into their unique gifts and talents to contribute to others – and that individuals and social entrepreneurs in communities are best equipped to help people unlock their potential.
Our Market-Based Management® philosophy creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards our employees for the value they create.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Manage a team of social investment officers focused on each of our 6 portfolios
- Develop strategies to best utilize due diligence frameworks for decision-making, recommend investment opportunities, structure deals, and negotiate terms
- Participate in the organization’s leadership team to collaborate across the organization’s other capabilities: Programs, Engagements, Marketing, Research, and Investor Relations
Knowledge and Skills You Bring the Organization
- The Vice President must bring an astute blend of strong business acumen and investment or grant-making experience
- 7+ years of related experience, such as a venture capital firm, private equity firm, a commercial community bank, or community development financial institution (CDFI), Family Office, or private foundation
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Skill in building relationships and representing Stand Together with external audiences
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles that inform Stand Together’s work
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Work experience in the nonprofit and/or social finance sector
If interested, please apply here.