As a Venture Studio, Nogle develops multiple ventures simultaneously – focusing on building innovative technology solutions and turning them into sustainable businesses.
Nogle Ventures is an early stage technology venture capital fund. As the investment arm of Nogle, we provide seed money to turn ideas into successful products and services. We invest in founders at the earliest stages of a startup’s life, and partner up to give hands-on advice on product development, market insights and focused execution.
We are seeking for an experienced Vice President with strong ties in the venture capital community who can source, recruit, research & evaluate deals, working closely with our Partners and Investment Committee.
Key responsibilities will be to build and manage our deal pipeline; mentor venture investments; provide strategic support to venture founders; evaluate investment proposals; prepare valuation materials and manage the due diligence process. Along with the Nogle Ventures team, you will spend some time networking and circulating within the local startup ecosystem.
In addition, our hands-on venture capital approach requires someone that can work together with entrepreneurs and startup teams to help plan and accelerate their business. You will be in a leadership advisory position and your objective will be to train future “leaders” to the art of managing a business, and to facilitate ventures to their next stage in their investment cycle.
You will be joining a unique fast-paced, professional, entrepreneurial environment in Taipei where you will have significant input into the creation of an exceptional portfolio of Asian technology startups.
- Support senior management in analysis, thematic research and knowledge acquisition and general contribution to fund level thinking and strategy.
- Identify and determine investment opportunities from entrepreneurs, incubators or other VC’s to help fill deal pipeline with prospects.
- Support with transaction process: conduct company research, valuation, deal structuring and due diligence.
- Support with post investment portfolio management, and advising business ventures.
- Manage our radar system and be responsible for database management (ventures pipeline, VC fundraising universe, Angel investor list, valuation database).
- Active participation in local startup community, attendance of events, panels,discussions, etc.
- Develop go-to-market strategy and facilitate execution. Determine business model,identify target markets, pinpoint key clients and partners, lead meetings, etc.
- Bridge between business and tech teams to drive progress. Work with product managers to create product roadmaps, sync deliverables and delivery dates with business objectives to develop executable short & mid-term action plans.
- Budget for future procurement, personnel and location expansion. Help allocate resources, estimate costs, work with vendors, examine in-house and outsourcing opportunities, evaluate and close deals.
- Improve efficiency and productivity of existing processes or help create new ones.
- Identify bottlenecks, develop solutions, implement and evaluate results.
- Build financial models to determine valuation for startup. Setup key milestones and timelines. Assist in fundraising by working with our network of VCs and Angel Investors.
- Strong research and analytical skills, particularly in the area of venture investing.
- Required previous startup experience, either as founder or early key employee.
- Relevant experience in deal negotiation, review of legal documents and familiar with venture capital terms and concepts.
- Demonstrated interest and awareness of recent technology innovations & developments, state of startups environment, emerging future trends in technology & social media sector.
- 7-12 years of experience at Venture Capital or Private Equity preferred
- Fluent in Mandarin and English. Additional language skills are considered a plus.
- Master degree required, (Corporate) Finance or Business major preferred.
- Proven ability of defining, negotiating and managing strategic relationships with business partners.
- Self-starting, ambitious smart thinker and problem-solver. A fast learner with proven leadership skills.
If interested, please apply here.