HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*JOB SUMMARY *
- Supports the implementation of HCA’s Strategic Goals for HCA-Special Asset Group’s functions for material transactions and Health Insight Capital strategic investments.
- Leads and manages material transactions involving operations assets, including acquisitions, minority investments, joint ventures, co-development arrangements and partnerships.
- Manages the end-to-end process on transactions, from concept through closing and integration.
- Designs transaction structures to optimally address specific strategic, financial and operational circumstances and needs of HCA and transaction target
- Develops financial models for target transactions to inform pricing decisions, and manages valuation processes with external valuation consultants to confirm fair market value of transactions.
- Coordinates with HCA’s Strategy Innovation Group regarding innovation investments, research and business case development.
- Engages with Executive Sponsors and key HCA business unit leaders on consistent basis to understand, map and prioritize key strategic initiatives in need of Special Assets Group support.
- Consults with Executive Sponsors on transaction, investment and strategies, including investigation, planning and implementation.
- Supervises Support Staff, HCA’s M&A support resources (e.g. HR, Division, Finance and Operations Resources assigned to support transactions), outside legal counsel, consultants and valuation firms.
- Conducts industry research on target industries and competitive analysis on transaction targets.
*GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Connects directly and seamlessly to Senior Management sponsors of transactions, investments and innovation projects.
- Develops and communicates strategic, operational and financial rationale and complex transaction analyses in support of Special Asset Group transaction recommendations to Senior Management and Health Insight Capital investment committee members.
- Engages directly with transaction leader(s) of target companies, including target’s senior management, investors and other key individuals in sourcing, securing, negotiating and closing material transactions.
- Manages large and cross-functional teams in a highly complex task environment, working on tight deadlines.
- Establishes operations plans (transaction maps, strategic plans, etc.) for assignments and manages the team responsible for executing on the plan.
- Develops and manages financial models for transaction targets, and continually research and update the models working together with other team members, as well as other corporate departments.
- Manages employees and team members through subordinates, usually other managers and support personnel.
- Provides strategic, financial and operational guidance to portfolio company board of directors and senior management team.
- Develops both general policies and objectives applicable to all portfolio companies, as well as individual company goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedure for individual portfolio company operations.
- Coordinates and communicates the corporate regulatory/legal framework and ensures that all acquisitions and divestitures meet the standards provided, and that the portfolio companies have appropriate knowledge and policies.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
10 Years Of Professional Experience In Transaction-related Business Required
Investment banking or venture capital experience highly recommended
*SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS *
The candidate has responsibility for building consensus across HCA executive teams, and again in executing the HCA view in connection with portfolio companies – the position requires a team-oriented and detail-oriented manager who can deliver stable performance in an often volatile environment with multiple masters and points of view.
College Graduate Required
Masters of Business Administration, MPH, CPA, or Juris Doctor or other advanced transactional degree strongly preferred.
If interested, please apply here.