JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Strategic Investments team (part of Corporate Sector, Private Investments) is seeking a Vice President with corporate finance, problem solving, influencing, and relationship building skills to partner with LOB (line of business) executives, other banks, investors and financial technology providers in analyzing and executing strategic principal investments and other strategic collaborations. These initiatives are aligned with the business priorities of top senior management. Initiatives are executed in partnership with subject matter experts across the firm as needed. The role is based in New York.
Candidate will take senior role, partnering with others to make and manage investments in the Strategic Portfolio of >100 private investments of strategic value to JPMC ($2bn+ in value).
- Reviewing and screening potential market structure/financial technology principal strategic investment and strategic collaboration opportunities in partnership with and on behalf of LOB Sponsors
- Manage execution of transactions (due diligence; deal structure/terms interacting with internal/external subject matter experts and advisors; obtaining required input from LOB Sponsors on key issues; seeking approvals; closing the deal)
- Monitoring selected Strategic Investments portfolio companies (quarterly valuations and write-ups, monitoring relevant developments, assisting in selected strategic initiatives such as M&A, follow-on rounds, divestitures, making recommendations on corporate actions to LOB Sponsors)
- Maintaining active dialogue with LOB executives.
- Candidates should have a superior undergraduate academic record and 8-12 years of prior experience at a leading firm in Investment Banking/Mergers & Acquisitions and Principal Investing (private equity or venture capital) with a focus on financial services and/or technology.
- Advance degree preferred.
The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- Solid track record of investment experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong judgment, self-starter and an ability to independently, while working collaboratively within a team
- Analytical and strategic fluency
- Comfortable at the board and C-suite levels
- Knows FinTech space (key players, investors)
- Robust interpersonal and influential skills
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
** Any candidate not meeting ALL the qualifications can be considered for a Sr. Associate role.
If interested, please apply here.