Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Vice President Bayer Growth Ventures, are to:
- Develop rationale and business case for investing in selected technologies;
- Develop network and follows scientific developments in selected areas (e.g. microbiome, gene-editing etc.);
- Develop investment cases;
- Conduct due diligence and supports deal execution;
- Support start-up of ventures, day-to-day management, performance management and strategic decisions of the ventures;
- Support the setup of the new organization;
- Support the venture in daily operations where applicable;
- Ensures the delivery of key Bayer contributions to the venture development as applicable;
- Monitor and reports progress of ventures;
- Prepare and facilitate venture milestones, reviews and makes recommendations on go/no-go decision points.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s or University degree in life science or agriculture required, with expertise in relevant scientific disciples for Venture-specific technology;
- Master’s degree plus 8 or more years in Venture Capital, investment banking or top tier management consulting;
- Track record of successfully leading long term projects;
- Experience in valuation of early technologies;
- Sound understanding of science;
- Strong leadership skills, entrepreneurship and ambition;
- Ability to interface startup-like realities of the Ventures to the realities of a big corporation (reports, deadlines, etc.);
- Excellent problem solving ability proven ability to lead and thrive in complex, often ambiguous situations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
If interested, please apply here.