Bayer (Linkedin, Crunchbase) is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Vice President Venture Investments, are to:
- Identify, develop, drive and manage the portfolio of biotech ventures through to proof of concept (POC) including defining and shaping the set-up of the ventures (scientifically and from a deal design perspective); developing the rationale and business case for investing in the selected technologies; and eventually handing off the ventures to relevant Bayer business/divisions;
- Develop network and follow scientific developments in selected areas (e.g. regenerative medicine, immune-oncology, etc.);
- Execute venture deals and conduct due diligence;
- Drive and oversee the start-up of ventures and monitor/report progress of ventures; prepare and facilitate venture milestones and review and make recommendations on go/no-go decision points;
- Set up the new organization once the venture is approved and support the venture in daily operations where applicable;
- Ensure the delivery of key Bayer contributions to the venture development as applicable (e.g., chemistry expertise, disease area knowledge).
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Undergraduate Degree in Life Sciences covering relevant topics for Venture-specific technology (e.g. regenerative medicine, immune-oncology, etc.);
- Profound knowledge and experience with in Venture Capital, investment banking or top tier management consulting with 8+ years of experience;
- Track record of successfully leading long term projects;
- Experience in valuation of early technologies;
- Proven track record of working across multiple functions and integrating objectives with business needs;
- Solid business understanding on a global scale, ability to deal with global differences in customers, KOLs and other interaction partners;
- Good leadership and relationship building skills, relates well to a wide spectrum of people, get things done across varied and different international conditions;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Skilled in cross-cultural sensitivity, understands and can empathize with differences in people and cultures, knows how to work in the local culture;
- Sound understanding of science;
- Strong leadership skills, entrepreneurship and ambition;
- Ability to interface startup-like realities of the Ventures to the realities of big pharma (reports, deadlines, etc.);
- Excellent problem solving ability;
- Proven ability to lead and thrive in complex, often ambiguous situations.
if interested, please apply here.