Our venture capital firm is seeking a full-time Vice-President who can work directly with and report to our Chief Investment Officer to help provide investment support to our national network of venture funds. You will serve as a generalist, conducting due diligence on many different companies, verticals, innovative products/technologies, all while helping our funds grow and deploy capital.
Our company, Alumni Ventures Group (AVGfunds.com ( http://www.AVGfunds.com )),(LinkedIn, Crunchbase) formerly Launch Angels, operates a national network of nine alumni funds: Dartmouth, Harvard, MIT, Yale, Penn, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Stanford, and Berkeley (with more funds in development). We have a proven successful product offer and marketing engine for retail investors but want to complement that effort with a shared resource. Our company is private, for profit, and not part of any school. Our funds are raised and invested on an annual basis. We operate out of five regional offices, with headquarters in Manchester, NH. This is a full-time position located in our Manchester, NH office with some travel required (approx. 5-10%). Additionally, you will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
If you are entrepreneurial, with venture capital experience and intrigued by this opportunity, we’d love to talk to you.
Our ideal candidate will have many of these traits and be able to recruit strong supporters in areas where he/she might need support.
- Venture investing experience
- Located near, or willing to relocate to Manchester, NH
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial DNA, with a passion for working within an entrepreneurial company
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- Strong research and analytical skills, particularly in the area of venture investing
- Willingness and even passion for working on a wide-variety of projects
- Must be a “T”- shaped individual, willing to be athletic and work on many projects, but able to go deep on others
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest and experience in entrepreneurism and emerging companies, and experience in company research and due diligence preparation
- Experience successfully managing multiple, complex projects at the same time
- Strong writer and communicator, excellent listener, with superior sales skills and comfort regularly interacting with strangers
- Good networker, with an ability to grow our system and process for identifying deals
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, balanced by ability to get and communicate big picture
- Self-starter and independent manager, but good team player and personnel manager
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Database management and strong technical and social media experience a big plus
- Identify deal resources and conduct outreach to VCs, entrepreneurs, incubators, and more to help fill our deal pipeline with prospects
- Conduct research new verticals for potential AVG fund launches
- Work directly with our CIO to drive new systems and process to make our deal teams as efficient and effective as possible
- Help drive the connective tissue across all of our regional funds by help with training, processes, development, and acting as a fund resource
- Prep and distribute due diligence packages, when needed
- Present companies, run deal meetings, and orchestrate IC meetings with the Fund based VPs and CIO
- Network within the venture community
- Help create and manage our company database, monitoring prospects on an ongoing basis
- Help supervise back-end functions as needed
- Suggest improvements to our approach, process, products, and services
- Willingness to serve as surge protection at the fund level when we are short-handed or in need to extensive due diligence
If interested, please apply here.