Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing, 80 person organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from retail-based investors to invest in venture and alternative assets. AVG has successfully launched 20+ venture funds over the past four years and is looking to launch another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG continues to grow, we are further developing our organizational capacity and capability including our Office of Investing. Today, we are actively seeking a Vice President of Sourcing who will be responsible for the management of a strong pipeline of deal opportunities that adhere to AVG’s investment philosophy. Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, success for the VP of Sourcing will be reflected in effectively developing and managing a pipeline of potential deals that support AVG the fund teams.
This is a full-time position located in AVG’s Manchester, NH, headquarters with some travel required (approx. 5-15%). Additionally, you will work with an incredibly talented group of individuals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Further develop AVG’s capacity to identify and engage potential deal opportunities that align with AVG’s investment strategy
- Proactively and independently source investment deal opportunities with the guidelines of AVG’s investment mandate
- Provide timely, informative research and data-driven recommendations to AVG and AVG fund teams on potential deal opportunities across stage and sector
- Identify, track and provide regular communication on the top deals and deal do-ers
- Build out systems and processes to:
○ Improve the number of potential deal opportunities considered
○ Improve the number of qualified deal opportunities available
○ Ensure effective transition from sourcing to deal evaluation
- Identify and address potential gaps in sourcing coverage to ensure quality and volume of qualified deal opportunities
- Develop deal-flow and co-investor networks to support objectives and metrics around volume and quality of potential deals
- Initiate and cultivate relationships accessed through both personal and AVG networks to consistently provide superior access to potential deal opportunities
- Ensure and support deal team access to key relationships and deal opportunities
- Leverage data analytics described above to implement changes that lead to the ongoing improvement of investment sourcing and deal qualification
- Develop dashboards and reporting systems to evaluate and present on investment sourcing, portfolio analysis and additional opportunities
Our ideal candidate has many of these traits.
- 7-10 years experience, ideally in a startup environment and/or the venture capital industry raising capital and/or sourcing investment opportunities
- Proven track record of identifying, fostering and expanding on venture capital relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field
Skills and strengths
- Adept at quickly initiating relationships and extracting critical information to make effective and efficient decisions.
- Experience reviewing and executing venture deals
- In-depth knowledge and background in the venture industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong follow up habits which result in both short and long term partnerships which provide timely business advantages
- Willingness to earn your way into great deals while comfortable with rejection
- Demonstrated ability to identify, track and evaluate information at critical data points and leverage analytical skills to make business decisions that drive successful outcomes
- Natural problem-solver with the innate ability to get great results
- Can identify critical elements of a process and build and implement smart, efficient solutions to support goals
If interested, please apply here.