645 Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm that invests in rapidly-growing software and Internet companies, primarily in New York and the Bay Area. The fund combines elite networks and a data-intensive approach, leveraging its advanced proprietary software platform Voyager, to source and invest in the best early-stage companies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least three years of venture capital or angel investing experience, focusing on software and Internet companies
- Experience with sourcing high-quality investments that have exited or attracted competitive follow-on funding, either at a growth-stage VC firm, early-stage firm or as an angel investor
- Established and growing Bay Area network including founders, VCs, accelerator and university connections at Stanford and Berkeley
- Strong finance skills, including venture capital valuation, income statement analysis, and underlying unit economics of early-stage startups (e.g., SaaS, marketplaces, etc.)
- Strong understanding of venture deal terms
- Self-starter who can build a local team and demonstrate leadership ability
- Responsibilities: develop investment strategy and execution on west coast, including data-driven and network-driven sourcing
- Relationship building: deepen relationships with top investors, founders, accelerators, portfolio companies, universities, and LPs
- Build local brand awareness by attending tech events and occasionally organizing events/dinners
- Office Logistics: select a permanent office location for year 2, and manage opening and outfitting
- The role is full-time, with an expectation of 45 to 50 hours spent per week, with some fluctuation from week to week.
- Occasional travel to New York City
Compensation: The role will include a salary, as well as carry-based compensation
Interested candidates should send a one-page letter of interest, including two references and LinkedIn URL, to 645 Ventures’ co-founders (contact information below)