As the Senior Vice President of Synchrony Ventures, (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) this role encompasses all areas of Synchrony Financial’s venture capital investing, portfolio management, organization and ecosystem development. The SVP will lead the investment team that sources equity investments and leads due diligence efforts and will be responsible for monitoring and supporting Synchrony Financial’s portfolio of investments and strategic partnerships.
- Work with the Business Platform CEO’s and the Executive Leadership Team to define and determine investment priorities for the business and drive growth initiatives, within the defined risk appetite.
- Collaborate cross functionally to influence and ensure senior leadership buy-in on Equity investment/JV opportunities.
- Source new investments, including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant networking events and evaluating new prospects.
- Build relationships with investors, corporations and other strategic networks-monitor the activity in the FinTech Investor community.
- Lead the investment team and manage the investment pipeline reporting to keep Senior Management and the Executive Leadership Team informed on activities and opportunities.
- Analyze investment opportunities/sectors. Formulate and present investment cases to the investment committee and the Synchrony Management Committee.
- Lead all aspects of equity investment transactions and acquisitions including: sourcing, due diligence, analysis, financial modeling, structuring, negotiation and documentation.
- Develop detailed operating and financial models to support investment decisions; model capital structure scenarios, perform sensitivity analysis and assess investment return scenarios.
- Monitor financial/operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies, and facilitate quarterly reviews with management team.
- Proactively work with portfolio companies to execute growth and operational improvement strategies in order to maximize value of investments.
- Provide leadership to ensure adherence with all external and internal Compliance and Regulatory requirements. Maintain rigorous oversight of JV, investment processes; ensure compliance through the development of and adherence to risk control mechanisms.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with all internal and external key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of equivalent work experience in the Financial Services field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a corporate venture group, venture capital fund, or private equity firm, or as an entrepreneur.
- Strong network of contacts in the venture capital industry and entrepreneurs in the fintech and payments ecosystems
- In-depth knowledge of how corporate venture capital groups integrate within the business unit and of direct competitors (products/services).
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience originating, leading and executing equity investments or venture capital transactions.
- Experience developing high-end presentations and delivering them to a C-Level Suite in a company as well as to a large audience
- Minimum of 5 years negotiation experience
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in financial services or within industry
- Ability to manage a high-performing team as well as influence manage indirectly others across the organization.
- Superior Financial Acumen and Modeling Capabilities
- Must be willing to travel up to 65% of the time.
- MBA from a top Tier program
- Prior consumer finance, payments, or fintech experience.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Financial Services Industry Experience.
- Strong Financial Reporting Background.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If interested, please apply here.