Cyberport is a creative digital community with more than 900 community members. It is managed by Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited which is wholly-owned by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. With a vision to build a legacy of entrepreneurial excellence that establishes Cyberport as a leading global innovation and technology hub, Cyberport is committed to facilitating the local economy by nurturing digital industry start-ups and entrepreneurs, driving collaboration to pool resources and create business opportunities, and accelerating digital adoption through strategic initiatives and partnerships and venture capital investment. Equipped with an array of state-of-the-art tech facilities and a cutting-edge broadband network, the Cyberport campus comprises four Grade-A office buildings, a five-star hotel, and a retail entertainment complex.
- Research potential investment targets, markets, and sector trends, and contribute to fund level thinking and strategy
- Originate and execute deal transactions by, but not limited to, active participation in the Cyberport start-up community, frequent attendance of events, panels, and discussions
- Manage co-investors, connect target companies to co-investors, and negotiate investment terms, if necessary
- Pro-actively conduct due diligence, working with professional parties, and handle all aspects of new transactions, including drafting of investment reports with thorough strategic and financial analysis, valuation models and recommendations, and identifying exit potentials
- Define and execute on systems/processes to establish a portfolio of Cyberport companies from an investment perspective
- Assist in the management of the portfolio of investments, but not limited to forecast of the changes in financial position, review and assess the liquidity of assets and the fund planning or arrangement
- Prepare fund and periodical reports for management
- Assist Cyberport management on adhoc projects
- Review and amend all related legal documents throughout the execution process for each potential transaction
- Degree in a business-related discipline from a leading university
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience, with at least 3 years related to venture investment, private equity, M&A or corporate finance
- Solid experience in origination and execution of transactions
- Prior buy-side equity investment transactions experience is a must.
- Ability to lead equity transactions independently with relevant knowledge on operational, financial and legal due diligence and the completion process for start-up investments.
- Strong analytical, due diligence, and financial modeling skills; ability to analyse and value businesses
- Ability to write and deliver, in English, high-quality Board, strategy and other position papers
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluency in Mandarin and English
- Strong work ethics and demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Pro-active, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Strong team player, able to work effectively in a team environment
If interested, please apply here.