Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sr. Manager – Ventures and Growth will be responsible for business development and strategy for NextStream Growth I, an incubation and commercial development holding company in connection with BHGE. Ideal candidate should have a background in business development, finance, private equity or venture capital.
Position will have a focus on business start up and operations, including hiring and developing management teams of portfolio companies, capital allocation and acquisitions and divestitures.
In the role of Sr. Manager – Ventures & Growth, you will:
- Direct functional area of a major business segment, translate concepts, develop strategy, and implements change
- Create programs responsive to external environment, and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development
- Provide leadership in the execution of the department operating plans to support the overall business strategy
- Develop and monitor the department plans and budgets
- Oversee smooth functioning of integrative business processes both within the department and with the division
- Consolidate business data, perform analysis, make recommendations, and assure implementation to support department objectives
- Support division in providing data and presentations to meet GE requirements
- Consolidate long-range forecasts for the division
- Monitor process, analyze data, and recommend business strategies to minimize cost of programs
- Design, develop, implement, and institutionalize process improvements, focusing on enhanced transactional quality consistent with objectives
- Lead special projects and events to identify and execute action plans to improve commercialization processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Marketing from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of operational experience in business analysis and forecasting
- Prior experience working in venture capital or private equity.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills a must: presence, high credibility, quick learner, and ability to develop relationships; presentation, communication, and negotiation skills required
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal skills
- Extensive negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast paced, multi-tasking, growth environment
- Ability to develop and implement a strategic plan
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of financial controls and business tracking system
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization as well to customers
If interested, please apply here.