The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global centre for business, innovation, and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About Ventures Team
The Ventures team identifies opportunities for new business creation in Singapore and enables such opportunities through strategic co-investments with qualified EDB clients, with the aim of developing new revenue streams or business units anchored in Singapore.
The Ventures team collaborates with EDB’s business units to scout and identify venture seeding opportunities from large local enterprises (LLE) and multi-national (MNC) clients of EDB. Each project team within Ventures will drive the end-to-end process including deal origination, due diligence, structuring, investment closing and value creation post investment.
We are looking for a Head/SL, Ventures (Deals) to lead / support the identification and evaluation of opportunities, conduct necessary due diligence, investment structuring and execution of Venture deals. This candidate must have strong financial analysis and modelling capabilities with prior investment transaction experience to complement and support the existing team in project delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and undertaking quantitative analysis of prospective ventures’ financial performance and/or projections – this includes assessing commercial viability, analysing financial statements and conducting due diligence for new venture deals.
- Building or reviewing financial models (including valuation and returns models) for target ventures.
- Determining deal terms which will ensure value creation and mitigate risks for EDB, and supporting negotiation of such terms with the target ventures
- Preparing the necessary documents and presentations for review and final investment approval by senior management.
- Engaging in regular portfolio review meetings with senior team members and EDB business units
- Supporting senior team members in day-to-day clients’ relationship maintenance, as well as in external conferences and meetings
As the candidate progresses in seniority with sufficient exposure to projects, there will be greater responsibilities in terms of coaching, business development and service development in larger scale projects.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have:
- Bachelor Degree in finance, business or accounting
- 3-5 years of working experience with at least 1-2 years of direct experience in venture capital, private equity, corporate finance, M&A or investment banking.
- Prior investment transactions experience or start-up experience preferred
- Strong financial modelling and analysis skills
- Proactive, with a high level of resourcefulness to drive new initiatives and projects. Strong organisational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- A keen ability in fostering strong partnerships with stakeholders for success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
If interested, please apply here.