In this role you will make and manage financially attractive investments for Qualcomm Ventures in LatAm. QC Ventures (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is the strategic venture capital arm of Qualcomm.
Key responsibilities for the Investment Director role include:
1) Completing new investments by investigating new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiating agreements, and presenting investment recommendations to the Qualcomm Ventures investment committee.
2) Managing and helping Qualcomm Ventures portfolio investments grow by actively participating in board meetings, establishing strategic and operational relationship between Qualcomm and the company, monitoring investments, helping portfolio companies with their strategic and growth prospects to enhance their chances of success.
3) Leading cross-functional (engineering, marketing, finance) and cross-departmental coordination for business development activities pertaining to new technologies and investment opportunities.
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years professional experience with roles spanning principal investing, management consulting, business development, product management.
- Strong preference for prior Venture Capital experience. – Candidate must have strong analytical skills with ample experience in assessing businesses, technologies and business models – Strong financial skills (analysis, valuation, and modeling). – Good interpersonal and strong written/ oral communication skills. – Self-driven and motivated, strong persuasive skills. – Prior engineering and experience in Internet and wireless industries is considered a plus
Education Requirements Required:
- Bachelor’s, Business Administration and/or Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master’s, Business Administration
If interested, please apply here.