SoFi (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending and wealth management. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result.
SoFi, as one of the largest FinTech players globally, has launched a Ventures arm to broaden our support for the FinTech ecosystem in helping other entrepreneurs build disruptive technologies in the U.S. financial services industry. SoFi Ventures is seeking an Associate to join its team and work with the Vice President, Logan Allin, and the broader SoFi team in building and running this new platform.
We believe through our investments that we can support the broader ecosystem – expanding the pie – while improving our opportunity to support the financial lives of our Members. We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry. We are looking for a new technical team member who is passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification through SoFi team member input, academic research, interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
- Help manage the investment pipeline process
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the space
Diligence and Investment Execution:
- Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
- Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard to assess market sizing, talent assessment, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, etc.
- Bring strong technical skills and input to the diligence process
- Liaise with SoFi team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company Operating Support:
- Support portfolio companies with access to the appropriate SoFi resources, technical strategy, and talent sourcing.
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and product/tech growth on a Quarterly basis
- Excitement to join a late stage technology company, pre-IPO, and grow a strategic platform within an existing and successful business that maintains an entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for the intersection of Financial Services and technology
- 2-4 years of previous work experience, ideally with a strong technical background in working at a Financial Services or FinTech company in an engineering or other technical role. Experience/exposure to web/mobile development, software and architecture development, infrastructure scaling, and security/risk management. FinTech specific (Alt Lending, Payments, Blockchain/Ethereum, Wealth Management, etc.) technical expertise a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical degrees
- Strong grasp of technology trends and business models, ideally in FinTech
- Small working team experience, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline
- San Francisco based
If interested, please apply here.