As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP is catalyzing an early-stage ecosystem of innovation. The SAP.iO Fund directly invests into visionary, early-stage startups who can leverage SAP’s unique assets, including SAP data, APIs, or platform technologies, to deliver extraordinary value for SAP customers.
The SAP.iO Fund Investment Associate will source, identify, evaluate, and build the case for SAP.iO Fund investment in the most innovative early-stage enterprise software startups. This position reports to the Managing Director of the SAP.iO Fund.This position is based in New York City.Main
- Drive sourcing and deal flow for the SAP.iO Fund
- Drive partnerships and awareness of the SAP.iO Fund within the New York City startup and investment ecosystems, including venture capitalists, investment bankers, external accelerators, event planners, meet up organizers, etc.
- Conducting due diligence on companies, industries, products, customers, and competitors by researching, reading financial statements, market data, etc.
- Building out early-stage investment financial modeling and projections
- Analyzing financial and operational information relating to potential investments and portfolio companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, growth rates, market share
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets
- Participating in periodic updates to appropriate board committees and executive management groups
- Drafting and writing research reports and presentations as needed for stakeholders
- Meeting with and providing information to the SAP.iO Fund’s Managing Director, including: summaries of research, investment themes, and key events
- Making recommendations to SAP.iO Fund leadership, e.g., positioning and articulating the risk or payoff for each recommendation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 1 – 3 years of professional work experience at a top-tier venture capital firm or equivalent experience in a high-growth technology company, a startup, or accelerator
- At least 3 years of overall experience working in enterprise software preferred
- Ability to build and expand professional networks on behalf of the SAP.iO Fund
- The ability to quickly build relationships and convey influence when needed at all levels, in order to build support and maintain direction
- Deep understanding of emerging technologies relevant to enterprise software, and the ability to evaluate strategic impact
- Distinctive ability in quantitative modeling and an ability to drive insights out of large data sets
- Experience in research, analysis, and evaluation with an ability to communicate complex messages in a targeted manner depending on the audience and format (e.g., Word document, PowerPoint presentation, conference, etc.)
- Desire to learn new information and be a self-motivated starter with strong sense of self, self-confidence, drive, and tenacity
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, being flexible, and promoting innovation
- Proven ability to work with speed and accuracy to deadlines
- Interest in current affairs and an appreciation of their impact on markets, technology, SAP customers, the ecosystem, etc.
- Expert level of using Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to create executive-level briefings / presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required from a top-tier university; MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Programs and events executed on time, quality and budget
- Marketing, communication, and branding success for SAP.iO within the community
- Successful risk mitigation (delivery risks are identified and minimized before an issue)
- Strategy and execution in sourcing, screening, investing, and offering portfolio support
- Provision of timely and effective information to all SAP.iO stakeholders
If interested, please apply here.