About The JDRF T1d Fund
The JDRF T1D Fund (www.t1dfund.org) is a venture philanthropy fund exclusively devoted to finding and funding the best early-stage T1D commercial opportunities to accelerate the delivery of treatments, preventions, and cures to patients. It was created to solve a critical funding gap in the T1D drug and device development pipeline.
Through partnerships with private capital,including venture capital, pharma and foundations, the T1D Fund anticipates that it will be able to attract substantially more private investment to the T1D field than occurs today. The T1D Fund will initially focus on artificial pancreas systems, metabolic control, beta cell replacement, prevention, and beta cell restoration therapies, with an exclusive priority on the best commercial opportunities. The T1D Fund will reinvest any realized gains into new investments to further its mission.
- Assist in all stages of business due diligence including investment specific diligence, market analysis and financial modeling, and conducting primary and secondary research
- Assist in all stages of scientific due diligence in partnership with the JDRF Research group
- Review and evaluate new business plans. Source new investment opportunities through analysis of scientific and market opportunities and identify appropriate targets, attend industry events (such as conferences), and contact and build relationships with key academics and executives.
- Senior Associate candidates will be expected to independently lead deal process with support from Senior team members, from sourcing through approval.
- Key role in deal and pipeline management including deal review and tracking, deal meetings, etc.
- Prepare and maintain internal documentation on potential investments/portfolio companies, including investment memos and financial analyses.
- Create, update and maintain proprietary firm databases.
- Create presentations and build financial models to support new and ongoing investments.
- Expected to be actively involved in portfolio management and fund strategy
- Support existing portfolio company investments by coordinating interactions with the T1D fund and JDRF and through ongoing analysis
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the team.
- Demonstrated passion for life sciences and healthcare, with degree in relevant scientific discipline.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience with Type 1 Diabetes or related therapeutic areas or disciplines (metabolic disease, immunology, regenerative medicine, etc.) a plus.
- Must be an entrepreneurial individual with ability to work and exhibit leadership in a dynamic, start-up environment.
- Must be able to pro-actively prioritize competing demands and deliver high-quality results.
- Experience with corporate finance, equity financing, and relevant financial modeling required.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills (including networking) are required.
- Prior experience in venture capital, strategic consulting, investment banking, equity research or business or corporate development in life sciences required.
- Post-MBA candidates from top institutions with prior relevant real-world experience will also be considered.
- Must have strong integrity and work ethic, and be a team player.
- Interest in working for a mission driven organization required
- Experience in written and oral communication to senior executive level audiences a plus
If interested, please apply here.