Gopher Asset Management is the Asset Management arm of Noah Holdings (listed on NY Stock Exchange) with $20B AUM under management. Gopher US focus on non-control VC/PE investments across major technology sectors including Fintech, Healthcare IT, consumer platform, enterprise software and IoT, typically invest between $5-20M per transaction,
We are looking to hire a Senior Associate to be based in Menlo Park, CA, who will play a critical role in supporting the Partner’s market/industry research, deal sourcing, due diligence efforts, monitoring and assisting portfolio companies. This role provides exposure to the key elements of VC/PE and even broader asset management. The position will require some U.S. and international travel.
Candidates must have a demonstrated passion for technology-centric businesses and a demonstrable track record in sourcing, evaluating, DD, closing and monitoring venture capital or private equity investments. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of work experience preferably with some component in Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital at a recognized firm.
The position will be actively involved with the team in the deal sourcing, market research, due diligence of principal investment transactions. Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured entrepreneurial environment. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy. Strong written and oral interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel with strong modeling experience. An undergraduate technical degree from a top university is preferable.
- Generate high quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities through outbound calling or networking in pre-defined technology segments and newly discovered segments.
- Assist Partners in managing deal prospects from first conversation through term sheet to deal close, coordinating resources to assess and win the deal
- Assist Partners in coordinating deal analysis, financial modeling, and due diligence
- Form hypotheses on investment opportunities based on both key facts and market intuition
- Assist Partners in creating clear and concise investment memos to the investment committee
- Continually monitor and investigate macro and micro industry trends to recommend new sectors of technology for evaluation and potential investment
- 3-5 years experience at a recognized VC firm or investment banking background.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top University with superior academic performance
- Exceptional driven, high intellectual curiosity, eagerness to learn fast and independently
- Strong existing network in VC, Entrepreneurs network and tech ecosystem in SF Bay Area strongly preferred.
- Superior work ethic, communication skills, and attention to detail,
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Product manager mindset, experience in other alternative asset classes is preferred.
- Bilingual in Chinese/English and China/US cross broader investment experience are preferred.
To apply, please send resume to: Elise.email@example.com