JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The Strategic Investments team (part of Corporate Sector, Private Investments) is seeking an Associate with corporate finance, problem solving, influencing, and relationship building skills to partner with LOB (line of business) executives, other banks and market structure players in analyzing and executing strategic market structure/financial technology principal investments and other strategic collaborations. These initiatives are linked to topics at the top of senior management agendas and are sourced from group’s external network and/or from LOB executives. Initiatives are executed in partnership with line and staff areas, drawing upon subject matter experts as needed. The role is based in New York.
- Reviewing and screening potential market structure/financial technology principal strategic investment and strategic collaboration opportunities in partnership with and on behalf of LOB Sponsors
- Helping execute the related transaction (due diligence; deal structure/terms interacting with internal/external subject matter experts and advisors; obtaining required input from LOB Sponsors on key issues; seeking approvals; closing the deal)
- Monitoring selected Strategic Investments portfolio companies (quarterly valuations and write-ups, monitoring relevant developments, assisting in selected strategic initiatives such as M&A, follow-on rounds, divestitures, making recommendations on corporate actions to LOB Sponsors)
Candidates should have a strong undergraduate academic record and previous experience at a leading firm in Investment Banking/Mergers & Acquisitions in financial services and/or technology and/or Principal Investing (private equity or venture capital). Experience in Strategy Consulting and market structure/financial technology is a plus. Within such role(s), experience in M&A and the strategic skillset to assess opportunities analytically and conceptually is required. Exposure to structured problem solving, deal structuring and negotiations is a plus.
The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- A strong interest in financial markets
- Strong judgment, self-starter able to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Distinctive financial modeling, analytical problem solving skills
- Conceptual problem solving skills
- Professional maturity and personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Robust interpersonal skills
If interested, please apply here.