We value inclusion at Emergence, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’re looking for an investor to join our team who is as passionate about helping build the next generation of enterprise cloud companies as we are. The position for which we’re hiring, our Senior Associate, plays a critical role in supporting the firm’s due diligence efforts, monitoring and assisting Emergence’s portfolio companies, researching investment themes, and helping source new deals.
Our Senior Associate role provides broad exposure to the key elements of venture capital, while also providing a rare opportunity to build a career in the industry.
All of our non-founding Partners started their Emergence careers in this role.
- Driving all aspects of due diligence, including thorough customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, financial modeling, and industry research.
- Sourcing new early stage investments by building strong relationships with founders.
- Collaborating with teammates to push our thinking in key thesis areas and developing your own.
- Contributing to building the Emergence brand and portfolio, including writing articles of interest to our community.
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Highly analytical– You have a keen eye for analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and a strong ability to synthesize key findings. You also have a knack for creative data gathering. Folks in this role often have consulting or banking backgrounds, but someone with a strong tech background and Excel skills could also excel.
- An outstanding communicator– You can build strong relationships with entrepreneurs of all backgrounds, and you have a talent for internal communication. Strong synthesis skills come in to play here as well. What’s the “so what”?
- Have a preference for collaboration– Every firm is unique in how they operate. Emergence is on the collaborative end of the spectrum. Since we all focus on enterprise software, we’re all able to work on deals together. A strong track record as a collaborative team member is essential to succeed here.
- An innovative thinker– We’re helping to build the next generation of enterprise cloud companies. And, in so doing, building the next generation of Emergence. We need innovative ideas from all of our team members to help shape our theses and investments. The right team member will have a well-reasoned perspective on where enterprise cloud is headed. And will likely have a track record of communicating that perspective in our community.
- Have an entrepreneurial bent– You’ll likely have started a business yourself or worked at an early stage startup. Empathy is essential to what we do.
The strongest candidates for this position tend to have an MBA and 6-10 years of experience in some combination of consulting/banking, big tech, and startups. We place a premium on diversity of ideas and are excited to add new perspectives to our team.
If interested, please apply here.