ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Ventures At ConsenSys
ConsenSys Ventures is a proprietary fund by ConsenSys- investing in pre-seed, seed stage Ethereum based companies in both equity and tokens. We are sector agnostic, geographically agnostic, and are active in partnering with entrepreneurs being Web 3.0.
About The Role
ConsenSys Ventures is looking to add a US based Senior Associate/Principal who has a background in venture investing/ private equity/ M&A, with deep interest in blockchain, and will be able to evaluate early stage Ethereum blockchain investment opportunities. The candidate will have 4-6 years of investment experience, and is currently active within the early stage blockchain ecosystem.
- Identify and evaluate Ethereum blockchain investment opportunities
- Working with and collaborating with Ventures team to assess prospective investments
- Drive management team decisions and interface directly with ConsenSys Spokes
- Build, maintain and evolve strong relationships with portfolio companies and the greater ConsenSys ecosystem
- Define and drive implementation of strategic initiatives for specific Consensys Ventures portfolio companies based on detailed understanding of these portfolio companies and their target markets
- Design and implement processes and policies to improve Consensys Ventures’ ability to invest at scale
- Represent Consensys Ventures and its portfolio at partner and industry events
- BA/BS degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, science, finance or related technical field or equivalent practical experience. MBA Preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in business or corporate development with venture capital, private equity or investment banking experience in the technology industry.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in managing a portfolio of startups to achieve objectives.
- Ability to make things happen quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully cross-functionally.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
This person would work directly with the Consensys Ventures team, currently based between NYC and SF. Please email resumes and cover letter to click apply. In your cover letter, please highlight the categories within Web 3.0 that are most exciting to you.
If interested, please apply here.