Our mission at Agriculture Capital is to develop a regenerative food and agriculture system that produces better food at scale and delivers healthy returns to investors while making a difference in our communities. The Agriculture Capital approach starts with making investments in permanent cropland and synergistic midstream assets to create vertically integrated, sustainable farming enterprises that grow, pack, and market high-value produce. We bring a highly engaged owner-operator orientation to our investments and use our team’s proven expertise to deliver management and operational improvements that protect environmental health, support the human spirit, and create and sustain economic prosperity.
Agriculture Capital has grown quickly over the last five years by focusing on a unique strategy built upon four key pillars:
• Investing in crops that have strong consumer and customer demand.
• Investing in crops at appropriate scale to capture operational efficiencies and meet the needs of today’s larger customers.
• Investing in mid-stream assets to enhance returns, reduce risk and exceed customer expectations.
• Investing with a regenerative focus to reduce risk and improve the value of the assets and the communities in which we operate.
Our Vision – We envision a world where more people have access to food that is better and healthier for their families, while improving the land and the communities in which we operate.
Our Core Values – We believe in Excellence, Accountability, Transparency and Stewardship
We are hiring a Senior Associate for the Investment Team, reporting to the VP of investments in San Francisco, CA. The Senior Associate will work in an energetic, collaborative environment and contribute to researching, sourcing, analyzing and executing new investment opportunities, while also supporting other functional teams within the firm in various strategic and operational management capacities. Primary responsibilities include creating and managing financial models, drafting and presenting investment recommendations, executing investment transactions and providing analytical support to the firm’s crop strategy and operational functional groups. The ideal candidate will have strong financial modeling and written and verbal communication skills, a keen attention to detail the ability to work collaboratively across a diverse set of opportunities.
This role will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining complex financial models to support our investment process.
- Drafting and presenting internal investment recommendation memoranda.
- Gathering and monitoring market information to build robust reference data sets.
- Validate assumptions and quantifying potential operational impacts on investment performance.
- Manging due diligence and deal execution
- Maintaining investment pipeline data and gathering relevant information from industry sources.
- Supporting finance, operations, investor relations, crop strategy, and sustainability teams on projects related to fund reporting, operations oversight, strategic planning, and stewardship.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in agriculture and food
- 5-7 years of experience in financial modeling, preferably within investment banking, management consulting, agriculture, real estate, or private equity.
- MBA is a plus
- Commitment to sustainability.
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization/interpretation skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Salesforce.com
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate the potential to be collaborative, flexible, creative, resourceful and disciplined in a high growth setting
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and be aligned with our mission
- Competitive salary and great benefits — 401k, health, dental, vision, life and LTD
- Exciting world-changing opportunity – AC invests in sustainable strategies and products
- Driven, motivated, and talented co-workers who share a vision for growing access to healthy and better food.
If interested, please apply here.