We are the Duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community and, most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all – The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America’s best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for 19 consecutive years, one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials for the past 2 years and one of America’s Most Admired Companies for 16 years.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself: Are you the Duck? If so, there’s a home — and a flourishing career — for you at Aflac.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports all aspects of venture investing; leads deal sourcing and screening; leverages relationships with external eco-system to identify and screen deals of interest; initiates discussions and follow-up with start-up leadership and entrepreneurs
- Works closely with Inside and Outside Counsel on all legal aspects of deals
- Independently leads key aspects of deal transactions, including, but not limited to, build out and analysis of financial models; performs detailed assessments of investment opportunities; develops investment theses for deals; supports due diligence efforts for deals under consideration; serves as a liaison for Aflac internal support teams
- Leads pipeline, deal and portfolio reviews; schedules review meetings at appropriate cadence; develops materials in support of internal deal flow/review sessions and external facing meetings
- Works with Managing Director and other team members to help portfolio companies with their business strategy and exit events; works with portfolio companies to build out quarterly and annual reporting packages; provides ongoing monitoring of key portfolio company performance and metrics
- Supports all other Aflac Ventures’ activities including Marketing, Operations and Fund Administration
- Guides and mentors Analysts and other junior members of the team
- Travel up to 50% required, as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, business administration or other quantitative discipline and eight years of professional job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of four years in the insurance industry, in Strategy or Corporate Development preferred
- Experience leading, structuring, or supporting M&A and/or venture transactions
- Business unit experience preferred
- Experience with storyboarding and developing high quality presentations
- Master’s degree in Business or Finance required
- Strong educational background and/or experience in financial modeling, financial statement analysis and statistical analysis
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex business and financial analysis including applied statistical techniques
- Strong judgement with the ability to analyze deal options and their implications
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of due diligence requirements for investment deals
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Action Oriented, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Listening, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust
Business and Financial Acumen, Creativity, Decision Quality, Drive for Results, Functional/Technical, Organizational Agility, Peer Relationships, Presentation Skills, Problem Solving, Timely Decision Making
If interested, please apply here.