Founded in 1851, MassMutual is committed to its purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Ranked No. 76 in the annual FORTUNE® 500 ranking (FORTUNE® Magazine, 6/15/16), MassMutual continues its long history of financial strength. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals. We continue to be recognized for our efforts to create a diverse and inclusive workplace! MassMutual is one of DiversityInc’s 2016 Top 50 Companies for Diversity and ranked a 2016 Top 10 Company for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives. In 2015, after more than 15 years of earning a place on the Working Mother Top 100 Best Companies list, MassMutual was inducted into the Working Mother Hall of Fame.
MassMutual also scored 100 percent on The Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI) to earn a spot on the CEI Best Places to Work List (2016). In addition, MassMutual has been recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute and 2016 Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest. MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. CRN201806
MassMutual Ventures backs innovative startup companies that are transforming the insurance and investment services markets through technology and business model innovation. Our key areas of investment focus include fintech, data analytics, cybersecurity, digital health, and enterprise software. We lead or join syndicate investments into companies that have the potential to create significant value through differentiated innovation and focused execution. Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) is the parent company of MassMutual Ventures LLC. This role will focus on supporting the MMV team in monitoring/analyzing the existing portfolio, providing strategic introductions to MassMutual operating businesses, sourcing and analyzing new investment opportunities.
- Support the team in monitoring/analyzing the performance of the existing portfolio
- Support the team in sourcing/identifying and analyzing new investment opportunities.
- Conduct market and competitive research on industries and companies within segments of interest to the fund.
- Support team in authoring investment memoranda including building financial projection and valuation models.
- One year of experience in a startup, venture capital, consulting or investment banking firm
- Understanding of the startup and VC investing ecosystem
- Understanding of and excitement about technology, ideally including knowledge of enterprise software, fintech, consumer or digital health sectors
- Aptitude for sourcing deals and networking
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel: 3-4 days / month
- Location – Boston
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially proficiency with MS Excel
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
- 3 years of experience in a startup, venture capital, consulting or investment banking firm
- Knowledge of enterprise software, fintech, consumer or digital health sectors preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- Intellectual curiosity
- Mature, professional personality
- Robust work ethic
- Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
- Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
- Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
- Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources.
- Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceed expectations, beat the competition.
If interested, please apply here.