We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you’re encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That’s why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
LG Technology Ventures, a venture investment arm of LG Group established in May 2018, is looking for a dynamic, experienced investment professional in Bay Area to lead early-stage venture investments. It is an exciting opportunity to influence strategy and directions at a newly established firm within the global conglomerate.
We are currently seeking an Investment Officer to join our Team in San Jose, CA as part of the new LG Electronics Technology Venture Capital business.
- Lead the entire investment process from sourcing deals to screening / due diligence / writing memos for investment committee
- Synchronize investment strategy by regularly communicating with R&D Labs /Business Units in Korea
- Proactively manage portfolio companies post-investment” as bellow
- Develop thesis on investment opportunities, based on financial and strategic analysis
- Actively network with top-tier VCs and CVC to source premium deals
- Lead due diligence and present deal opportunity on deal committee
- Negotiate and structure investment deals
- Work with external counsel for legal due diligence
- Project a positive image of LG Group. Create synergistic relationship between LG Group and local venture ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree required in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemical, Material Science or Computer Science.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA is strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years substantive work experience, preferably from a major Consulting firm, Investment Bank or Venture Capital
- Broad network in venture capital and entrepreneur community in the Bay Area
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to juggle multiple priorities independently or as part of a team in tight timeline.
- Bilingual (Korean/English) skill is desired , but not a must.
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed ( 2~5 times a year)
If interested, please apply here.