Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Business Development Executive on our Dell Technologies Capital Ventures team in Palo Alto, CA.
Our Venture Capital team is at the heart of the Dell Technologies Family Innovation Engine. It invests in emerging startups and provides the resources, expertise, and scale to help them reach their full potential. The Business Development Team brings the breadth of resources from our family of businesses to bear to help create leverage for our portfolio companies primarily through creating engagements with our customer ecosystem and by building programs with our product groups and enterprise partners. You’ll be operating within a small, high performing team, helping develop strategies to shape programs that help our business partners grow and scale. In addition, you will work closely with other Dell Technologies business development leaders, product management, and marketing teams on strategic initiatives and enablement programs that align with Dell and Dell Technology Capital’s goals.
- Create and manage engagement models, relationships, and programs with Dell Technology Capital’s investment portfolio of companies and Dell Technologies strategically aligned businesses, establishing both short and long term business and partnership opportunities
- Develop, track, monitor, and measure programs involving investment portfolio companies, helping them to maximize and optimize collaborative business outcomes with Dell Technologies business units
- Partnering with Dell Technologies internal stakeholders, including sales, product management, product marketing, and partners to plan and execute enablement programs helping invested portfolio companies drive business and scale
- Meet with Dell Technologies customers interested in gaining exposure to Dell Technologies Capital Investment portfolio. Assist in educating customers on the technologies and domains we are investing in and facilitate introductions for relationship development as opportunities present themselves.
- Planning and managing small-to-mid size Dell Technologies Capital-hosted events with participation of industry executives, luminaries, academia, Fortune 100 CIO’s, investment bankers, press and analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a top university, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in sales, marketing, and/or business development at a top tier technology, or venture capital firm
- Demonstrated ability to create business management and marketing strategies and execute innovative business development programs with minimal supervision
- Deep passion and interest in venture capital and technology markets, including familiarity with Enterprise, Security, and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning a plus
- Excellent project management, organizational, collaboration, negotiation, and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to independently and effectively with global and regional teams in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment
- Some travel required
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play an instrumental role in our strategic development, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 3/15/2020.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
If interested, please apply here.