Investment professionals are integral members of the Amplitude Ventures fund team and are involved in all aspects of the investment and portfolio management process to assist the team to create, build, grow and exit a portfolio of healthcare related investments. We are an energetic, diverse team and we consider each other family, guaranteeing a work environment where every day is rewarding, with new challenges and learning opportunities. This individual will work closely with and support the senior members of the team. This person will play an integral role in generating new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence and managing current portfolio positions by helping shape and advance their programs.
The successful candidate will have a strong scientific and/or clinical background and be able to understand business principles and market dynamics across various therapeutic areas in the biopharma and/or medtech sectors. Specific activities will include deal sourcing, preparing investment memos, financial modeling and analysis, working with consultants to perform scientific and business due diligence, preparing presentations and working with attorneys to draft investment documents. The position provides an exceptional opportunity for individuals to build on proven experience in healthcare venture capital investing.
We are a capital catalyst for highly innovative companies at the point of value acceleration. We work with Canada’s most promising healthcare companies that share our vision of bringing ground-breaking technologies to patients. Amplitude is focused on building world-class Canadian companies in precision medicine and next-generation medical devices. Our offices are in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
- Help identify investment opportunities for the Amplitude Ventures team.
- Drive the company creation process and engage Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs) as needed to catalyze launching new Amplitude portfolio companies.
- Prepare and maintain internal documentation on potential investments/portfolio companies, including investment memos and financial analyses.
- Participate in and support the investment process from opportunity identification through due diligence and deal closing.
- Conduct due diligence calls with physicians and other consultants.
- Represent the firm at investment/medical conferences.
- Assist in board-level management of portfolio companies; attend board meetings as an observer and work on projects to build portfolio company value.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the team.
- Minimum of master-level degree in a life-sciences or business discipline. MD or PhD preferred.
- Relevant work experience in management consulting, investment banking/investing/finance, or an operating role with a healthcare company (biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device etc.).
- Strong preference for candidates with prior biotech VC or corporate venture experience.
- Exceptional intelligence and intellectual curiosity.
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic and commitment.
- Self-starter attitude, able to act independently make things happen.
- Superior financial modeling skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Significant experience with PowerPoint, Excel.
- Solid business judgment.
- Ability to build a network in the life sciences community.
- Canadian work authorization.
This position will be a perfect fit if you have/are:
- Intellectual curiosity, excellent analytical skills, ability to assess the merits of new technologies, size and adoption rates of markets, and competitive forces faced when introducing new products.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage time effectively, deal with abstract concepts and multi- task.
- Collaborative nature, highly motivated person that seeks out additional responsibility and productivity improvements
- Organized, detail-oriented personality with the ability to multi-task in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys working in a collaborative firm culture.
Compensation / Start Date / Location
Title and Compensation adjusted to fit experience.
Based in one of Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver with travel.
Flexible start date
Up for the challenge?
Send your resume, and a short summary of why you want to work with us to email@example.com. Please include your name and current location in the subject line.
Amplitude is committed to building a diverse team. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age.