Venture Highway is looking to add a Principal to its Early Stage Venture Investments team. The position will be based in New Delhi, India. The candidate must be comfortable sourcing new investment opportunities and managing the entire lifecycle of an investment, from sourcing and due diligence to issuing a term sheet to eventual exit. The candidate is expected to assist in advising the portfolio companies in tasks that arise in the course of business.
- Source new investment opportunities, coordinate due-diligence, construct and negotiate term sheets, attend to legal documentation, close and help companies with exits
- Analyse financial, company and market data, and communicate the insights to the investment team
- Prepare written materials, including investment memorandum and portfolio reporting frameworks
- Facilitate strategic portfolio-level value addition in areas such as hiring, key performance indicator management, corporate strategy, customer acquisition, relevant introductions, amongst others
- Develop a robust ecosystem of peer VCs, CEOs, board candidates, bankers/M&A advisors etc.
- Former founder/entrepreneur is a key requirement
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability along with superior research skills
- 7+ years early-stage venture capital, management consulting, corporate development, private equity or investment banking experience in the technology industry (internet, mobile, technology, education)
- Strong network within the venture and/or corporate community
- Domain expertise and skills
- Technical Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of executing deals in India
- Must be highly resourceful with the ability to be effective independently and with little direction
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
If interested, please apply here.