UHG Ventures is pioneering a new category of venture capital by starting up and funding scale businesses committed to driving disruptive, systemic change in the health care system. The UHG Ventures team operates as an independent fund of UnitedHealth Group while leveraging strategic dynamics to accelerate and advance investments. Our investments catalyze health care system changes that improve health outcomes, reduce medical costs, and create operating efficiencies for the health care system.
The Principal is responsible developing Ventures businesses in line with group expansion plans.
- Work to launch new businesses with Managing Director. Involves sources ideas, develop ideas, working to commercial new businesses, launching new businesses and providing oversight to new companies with management
- Provide strategic, management and advisory support to portfolio businesses
- Understand and apply strategic health care thesis to businesses
- Leverage financial management skills and acumen to create insights for portfolio companies
- Provide management oversight and operational execution where appropriate to boost business performance
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of progressive financial and operational management experience in healthcare
- Ability to think creatively and comfort and desire to work in a hands-on, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- P&L responsibility and consulting experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and management skills
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering
If interested, please apply here.