We’re seeking an experienced, full-time Principal with strong school ties who can source, recruit, research, and evaluate deals, from the greater university community. Our organization, Alumni Ventures (www.avgfunds.com), currently operates similar alumni funds at Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, and Stanford (along with 8 other institutions). We have a tested playbook, processes, staff, and proprietary systems to help our teams raise, invest, and successfully manage a fund. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, professional, entrepreneurial environment where you’ll have significant input into the creation of a unique portfolio amassing highly valuable strategic assets. You will be leveraging the playbook, back office support, and processes created by parent company Alumni Ventures that was used to create the highly successful Green D Ventures (www.greendventures.com) funds for Dartmouth alums, as well as its sister funds.
You will report to and work closely with the Managing Partner of the fund out of our New York-office. This is a full-time, salaried position, with carry, and benefits as part of the compensation package.
- Must be a Cornell Alum, Advanced Degree preferred
- Entrepreneurial DNA
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated interest and experience in entrepreneurship and emerging companies, and experience in company research and due diligence preparation
- Experience successfully managing multiple, complex projects at the same time
- Strong writer and communicator, excellent listener, with superior sales skills and comfort regularly interacting with potential community members
- Good networker, with an ability to grow our system and process for identifying deals
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, balanced by the ability to understand and communicate the big picture
- Self-starter and independent manager, but a good team player and personnel manager
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Database management and strong technical and social media experience a big plus
- Network with alums in the venture community
- Identify deal resources and conduct outreach to VCs, entrepreneurs, incubators, and more to help fill our deal pipeline with prospects
- Educate deal sources and companies/entrepreneurs about our process and effectively manage relationships in a professional, courteous manner
- Research and evaluate each company and industry as a potential investment, including interviewing company teams, competitors, and customers
- Recruit, train, and manage interns/fellows to help support deal outreach and research
- Prep and distribute due diligence packages
- Present companies and respond to Managing Partner and LP questions, run deal meetings, and orchestrate IC meetings
- Help create and manage our company database, monitoring prospects on an ongoing basis
- Assemble and update CRM on companies and entrepreneurs
- As requested, assist with investor relations and potential investor outreach
- Help supervise back-end functions as needed
- Suggest improvements to our approach, process, products, and services
Compensation package includes
- Base salary
- Equity in AVG the Parent Company
If interested, please apply here.